18 Weeks Pregnant & We’re Having a...


I’m 18 weeks pregnant as of Saturday, but I wanted to wait to find out what we were having before I made this post. Our baby is now the size of a bell pepper, and is constantly kicking away inside my belly.

The level of discomfort I feel at night is unreal and I barely get any sleep because of it. I know it’s going to get a lot worse though, so I’m making the most of the little sleep I can get before my belly doubles in size. :)

We went for an ultrasound this afternoon to make sure everything is alright with baby (as we had a slight scare a few weeks ago). Our baby is doing well which is great to hear! I already knew nothing could be too wrong since I feel a lot of movement in there almost every hour of the day. Unfortunately the ultrasound technician isn’t able to give too much detail so we’ll have to wait to see if everything’s really okay when I go for my next midwife appointment.

The second reason why this ultrasound appointment was important to us was because we wanted to find out what we were having! Of course I’m happy with whatever we have, but there’s something about knowing before baby’s born that really excites me. I’m not really into the gender reveal idea, with the “pink or blue, either will do,” as I don’t believe you should decide what colour your baby should like based on their sex (as gender is completely different and is a social construct). Maybe I’ll make a post about my ideas on this sometime in the near future!





So here it goes.... 


We're Having a...






No comments