26 Weeks Pregnant and Update on Muscle Spasms


I’m officially 26 weeks pregnant! I honestly feel like I should be further along by now because of how HUGE I feel, but at least I’m finally almost at the 30 week mark! Our baby is the size of a head of lettuce now and is constantly getting his feet into my ribs! It's quite painful! 

I told my midwife during my last visit that I’ve been having muscle spasms in my legs at night. They’re so painful that my legs feel bruised the next morning. She told me I should use this magnesium supplement.


I swear this stuff works like a charm! The one night I forgot to take some I had such a painful muscle spasm, but every other night I've remembered to take it and have never gotten one! It might just be a coincidence, but I do believe this stuff works like magic! 

What Causes Muscle Spasms During Pregnancy?


I was curious to see why I've only gotten these muscle spasms during pregnancy, so I looked up other reasons one might get them to see if I might be lacking anything else in my body. Here's what I found were the 5 most common reasons why a pregnant woman could be having re-occurring muscle spasms:

1. Overuse by carrying the extra weight during pregnancy or exercise
2. Dehydration
3. Change in blood flow or circulation
3. Lack of stretching before exercise/extensive use
4. Nerve compression
5. Lack of minerals (potassium, calcium, or magnesium)



No comments