Postpartum: 1 Month Update



My little man is already 1 month old and is just over 11lbs!

My energy has finally been coming back after having a pretty tiring few weeks. I’m healing both mentally and physically after my traumatic birth experience. Mentally I’m still upset and shaken up about it, and don’t like thinking about it, which makes me feel guilty. My birth should have been one I want to remember, and I probably will one day, but not now. Physically I’m still a little sore, but I didn’t think it was that bad until I attempted to go for a walk a few days ago. I had SPD while pregnant, so I was told that I should go to physio, so that’s one thing I have to look into to hopefully help with the pain in my pelvis.

As for Rowan, I still feel like we’re working on a sleep routine, but he’s starting to be awake more during the day but still wakes up 2-3 hours a night. My body is finally making enough milk to keep this little boy fed so we’re slowly weaning off formula so he’s strictly breastfed.
He still eats a lot! But I guess that’s what happens when you’re born a 10lb baby!
He’s able to keep his head up very well already and I swear he smiles at me, and not just one of those reflex “gassy” smiles. :)

Thank you for reading my 1 month update!

Tasha

No comments